Thursday, April 11, 2013

ScrapThat! Kit April Creations by Amarilys Doria

Amarilys here today sharing with you the projects that I made with the April Kit "Within Nature". This kit is simply gorgeous and filled to the rim with scrappy goodies!

My first layout is based on my sketch for ScrapThat! April Kit.

(See details about the challenge here: Sketch Challenges)

and here's my take on it:

"All of Us" Layout

I used the Main Kit, The Embellishment Add On and Flower Add On for this layout. The doily, bling title and script paper used for my handmade flowers are from my stash. The leaves, butterflies and flowers are all handmade by me. This picture is of my best friend and her hubby with my hubby and I at her Baby Shower last year.

I definitely wanted this layout to be distressed and I went to town distressing on this one! I first distressed it with my Distrezz-it-All tool and then I water distressed it. I had forgotten how much I love to water distress! I followed the sketch down to a t and even did my 'random' tearings at the same suggested spots as the sketch.

Here are a few close ups:




My second layout is about fishing! :)

"Gone Fishing" Layout
I used the Main Kit, The Embellishment Add On and Flower Add On for this layout. The cardboard used for the flourishes is from my stash. The leaves and dragonflies are all handmade by me. The pictures were taken a few years back in Miami, Fl.

Here are a few close ups:








My next few projects are not layouts but were equally as fun to make!

Altered Letter
I used the Main Kit for this altered letter for my scraproom. I'm in the middle of remodeling/organizing my scrap area. The letter is from Hobby Lobby and everything used here is from the Main Kit. Here's a step by step on how I altered this letter.

Here's a close up of the finished letter:

My last two projects are some quick cards that I made with leftovers from the kit after finishing with my layouts. I used the Main Kit only for these and handmade my own flowers/embellies using paper from the kit.



and my second card:



A lot of people have commented that I made a lot of projects with this kit and, well, i really did! However, I actually still have 2 full sheets of leftover pattern paper and a bunch of embellies left! This kit really is that huge!

Thanks for stopping! I hope that you are inspired to make something with this amazing kit! If you want to see more of my creations, please stop by my blog today!

2 comments: