Tuesday, April 9, 2013

... details for Sandi's April Kit Creations!

Happy Tuesday, everyone! Sandi here today to share my kit creations using the gorgeous April Kit "Within Nature." 

First is the layout I created based on Amy's sketch this month:
"Bobby"  Main kit only, personal stash

Believe it or not, this was a difficult page for me and literally took days before it all finally came together for me! I was really trying to avoid using any flowers but in the end, I did settle for one large bloom that I stained and placed in a crevice between my burlap banner and the Dusty Attic grass. 

 I've used the Main kit only along with a couple of things from my stash (a crochet doily, Dusty Attic grass cluster chippys.)  I adore this photo of my little gs Bobby running away from the photographer (Kristen Alexander) and thought these papers were a wonderful backdrop along with the natural elements in the kit.

 I've created a crackle background using a Prima stencil and Smooch Spray in Green Olive.  I also have a light dusting of Smooch Spray in Holly Berries around where I've placed my doily. 

The Fabscraps sign post was treated with white Gesso, PowderPuff Amaretto chalk ink, Rangers Clear Rock Candy Distress Stickles as well as a final coat of Ranger's Crackle Accents. Lastly, I smeared a bit of Patina Rub and Buff in random places. My letters were from a previous Scrap That! kit and are Webster's Pages Poetry alphas. Of course, I had to take one last swipe with the Amaretto ink. 

The Dusty Attic grass clusters chipboard were treated in much the same way as the Fabscraps chippy. However, the base is white Gesso and then Smooch Spray in Green Olive. 

Of course, there is lots of distressing, a bit of punch work (MS Wild Flowers PAP) and fussy cutting of my butterflies from the designer papers where I've used a bit more Rock Candy.

 I'll be presenting a tutorial on how I created the burlap banner on April 18th.  Thank you for all your kind comments about it!!

A few close-ups:
Love inking the edges of my flowers! 

Some fussy cut butterflies. 

The burlap banner anchors the page. 

____

Next, a sweet girly page! 
"Lots of Reasons to Smile"  Mk, EAO, FAO

You can see that I love scrapping my grandkids! Their sweet smiles just get me every time! This was actually the first project that I created with the kit and I had a blast!

 I've used some Donna Salazar stamps that I already had on hand. I thought that her "Twiggy" stamp went perfectly with the "Twig" paper in the collection, so I enhanced the bottom border with some Twiggy stamping! Fun, fun, fun! I also used Donna's "Sunflower" stamp (from the Grandma's Garden collection) in the upper left corner. 

Lots of distressing and punch work were done before completing the page with florals from the add-ons, Maya Road trinkets (used as blooms) and Prima corded hearts from the EAO were tucked in the cluster.  (The peach ribbon is from my personal stash as are the pink pearls.) I've used a Tim Holtz Alterations Distressed Doily Die as well as the Martha Stewart Deep edged Garden Gate punch and her Floral Vine punch. And of course, my Distrezz-it-all! 

I fussy cut the pink birds from my Paper Add-on and mounted them with foam squares on top of the birds on this photo panel. Strategic planning got my birdies perfectly placed around my photo!  =)

 The alphas in this kit are part of the Natural Beauty collection and they are now an all-time fave of mine! Perfect size, shape and have a neat script on them. 

And a few close-ups!
I loved adding the tiny pearls to my flowers this time! 

Computer-generated part of my title!

Loving all the different textures, burlap, canvas, wood and silk.

Can't forget to show you that Timmy Die! 
______

Last but not least ... 
"Fun" MK, FAO, EAO

Have you ever had a layout that practically scrapped itself? Well, this one sure did for me! Of course, I had another fabulous photo to work with along with a great kit! 

I started with some modeling paste and a Donna Downey Poppies stencil ... although I only used a portion of it in the end. I've saved the remainder for another project! You can see it on the bottom left of the layout.  I enhanced it with some Baja Blue chalk ink after misting with the Mixed Berries Smooch Spray. I also fussy cut the birdcage for my cluster. 


Then I layered, did a bit of punch work and focused on a great embellishment cluster with my Petaloo Darjeeling blooms intertwined with the Prima Vine and Prima corded hearts. I loved how the Maya Road metal trinkets looked on the denim paper .. so authentic! A little fussy cutting, a few more layers, some pearl "dotting" and I called this one done!

 Not one single bit of distressing except for inking, can you believe that? And if my grandson's Dad asks, that is peach at the top, not pink, right? LOL Works for me!  

Two more close-ups:
Love the color combination! 

Another fussy cut butterfly and a close-up of the MS  swirling lace punch work. 

That's it from me this time! Thanks so much for stopping by! 

2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous projects Sandi. I love all your elements and designs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such fabulous projects, Sandi!! Thanks for sharing all your details. I enjoyed reading them!! ~ Blessings, Tracey

    ReplyDelete