Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Tips and Techniques

Keren here wanting to share some tips on some of the techniques I used for my layouts this month.

Tip #1: Save your packaging

I know that as scrappers we tend to save every scrap of paper so why not save the packaging too. Many companies nowadays are going green and have beautiful packaged papers that you can use in your work. Some of these companies are Prima, Zva, and of course Webster's Pages.

I used my Zva flower packaging here to layer behind my daughter's photo because the green matched the layout. Then I was able to use this area for the title.




Tip #2: Fussy Cutting

You often see a paper you love but its too busy and you are stumped not knowing how to use it. Don't shy away from fussy cutting. I love cutting around images and using them in many different places on the layout.

Here I cut these beautiful cherry blossoms, a bird cage and a bird. Then I added them as layers in my layout.

I used pop-dots to give the images some dimension which leads me to...

Tip # 3: Use Pop-dots

I love using Pop-dots on my layouts because they add dimension to my layers. The layouts tend to be very bulky in your albums but they look so beautiful when you photograph them.

Here is my layout demonstrating Tip #2 and #3





I hope these Tips inspired you today!!
If you want to see more of my work
please visit me at:


1 comment:

  1. They are all lovely pages but I especially love the tones in the Tinkerbell page, again beautiful pictures.

    ReplyDelete