Sunday, May 22, 2011

Tutorial for creating a layout....with the "Spring Romance" May Kit

Hi all!  Tina here today to show you a simple demonstration of creating a layout with your May Kit. Going to show the simple steps that I used in creating this page. Lets get started.....

For this layout I just knew what paper I wanted to use. I had 2 pieces of this paper. 1 sheet for my page and the other I cut up.

So I started by a simple distress and inking on the page
Adding lace is one thing I often do. I cut a piece of lace. Pulling gently around all edges of the lace piece. This will give it a slightly distressed look. You could also make rips in it. Giving it some gentle pulls will also make it stretch a bit, and this makes it easier to place all of your items on top of it.
I have next cut a lacey doily from the patterned paper and judged where I would place my photo.
Adding in another small layer under the photo. Now I'm ready to start placing my embellishments around the page.... Dress Form
Vintage Nameplate that will hold my title and flowers...
I wanted the flowers to kinda follow the curve of the doily. I used some leaves from the extra paper to the flowers. Some simple fussy cuts.


Here the Vintage Nameplate was covered simply by cutting a piece from the paper. Adhere the paper to the chipboard with a bit of tacky glue.
It easily fits right back together. For the Dress form and Vintage Nameplate I covered them with some white paint and then used Alcohol Inks. To see the complete tutorial on this have a peek here over at  Dusty Attic

Some close ups of the Chipboard
Have a great time being creative with your GORGEOUS May "Spring Romance" Kit:)
Happy Scrapping ~
Tina xo

6 comments:

  1. SERIOUSLY stunning! WOW...THANK YOU for the tutorial

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing such a lovely tutorial. You have inspired me to try new techniques.
    ava

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tina, Thank you for the tutorial for the gorgeous layout, so so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Thank you for the tutorial! Amazing to see how beautifully it comes together.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wooow it is amazing!!!! Thank you so much for the tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much for the tutorial!

    ReplyDelete